Wednesday, June 27, 2012

22 week Ultrasound shows Club Foot

I remember the day my high risk doctor said "oh it looks like he/she (that was my daughters nickname before we knew the sex) has clubfoot." The doctor went on to tell me information about my cervix and didn't say another thing about the clubfoot. I tried not to panic when I left the office and immediately googled clubfoot on my iphone. Really out of all the things that can go wrong with a high risk pregnancy clubfoot was the least of my concerns. We had ultrasounds every week and we eventually found out that my daughter had bilateral club feet. Club foot is a common birth defect. One in every thousand births have a form of club foot. Does that number make a parent feel any better? Of course not. I think this news would've been a thousand times worse if I didn't have problems with pregnancies to begin with. Every parent wants a healthy baby. Having a birth defect that is easily fixable was not going to bring this momma down.

No comments:

Post a Comment